With the release of VCE results and ATAR, all VCE students now have the opportunity to reconsider their course preferences.
The change of preference period allows time for students to consider options, based on ATAR results, as well as to consider preferences based on feedback from interviews, folio presentations and auditions.
Preferences can be changed as many times as you like up until the closing date.
The Change of Preference period for VCE (including VCAL) students closes at 12 noon, Monday 23 December 2013.
Should I change my preferences?
If you decide to change your preferences, make sure you have considered all your options.
Here a checklist before you decide to take the plunge
- Checked VTAC’s list of new and cancelled courses on the VTAC website and via updates on the VTAC blog.
- Investigated all of your course options by logging onto VTAC CourseLink from the VTAC website and following the link to Student Access to:
- Compare your ATAR with last year’s clearly-in report to find out whether your results are in the ballpark for consideration this year
- Cross check your VCE study program against existing prerequisite studies
- Refine your search by region and/or interest area
- Checked that you have satisfied any extra requirements.
How to change your preferences
To change your preferences, log on to your user account through the VTAC website using your student number and VTAC pin and list your preferences in order in which you wish to accept them, not the order that you think you will be offered a place.
The website is available 24 hours a day and the website is at its busiest between 4pm and 9pm, so it is recommended you log on outside these peak times.
If you are happy with your preferences as they are, there is no need to change them.
Change of Preference will close at 12 noon (AEDST) Monday 23 December 2013.